^6F1D411fgfg9FE588119C460BF90CDDD807FA429C4CDED8E835BBE^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr

By Joe Lovelace
19th March 2018 at 5:15pm

The Non-League Challenge final 10 shortlist was announced on Monday as the race to win £20,000 and a friendly against a team of ex-Premier League heats up.

Marathonbet enlisted the help of Liverpool legend Mark Lawrenson and ex-Arsenal winger Perry Groves to pick their favourite non-league celebrations and whittle a host of entries down to the final 10.

The shortlist includes Aldershot Town, Worthing, Grantham Town, Brackley Town, Darlington, Leamington, Maidenhead United, Needham Market, St Albans and Whitehawk.

On top of the £20,000 cash prize the winning club will also receive a friendly match against a team of Premier League legends who’ll be managed by England 1966 World Cup hero Sir Geoff Hurst and hosted at the club’s home ground – with the Non-League Challenge winners also claiming 90% of gate receipts. The remaining 10% will be donated to charity.

Legends that have already been secured for this year’s Non-League Challenge team include Emile Heskey, Richard Dunne, Wayne Bridge, Joleon Lescott, Kieron Dyer, Danny Mills, Alan Stubbs and Luke Young along with a number of other names set to be announced in the coming weeks.

For months, Marathonbet has been searching for non-league football’s best goal celebration. Last season Corby Town trumped more than 40 other clubs thanks to Jason Lee’s brilliant pint-swigging celebration. After his side netted against Mickleover Sports in the Northern Premier League Premier, Lee cheekily pinched a fan’s beer before downing a few gulps and running off again. His effort encapsulated all that’s great about non-league football.

MNT1-11sdfsdf-02-17-AB-4-(175)

The club with the most votes will be crowned Non-League Challenge winners on Monday, April 16th – claiming a Legend’s match against Sir Geoff’s side and a massive £20,000 cheque.

What’s your favourite celebration?

VOTE HERE

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar