Liverpool play in their first European final tonight since winning the 2005 Champions League in Istanbul – and you can back them for glory at an enhanced 7/1 with Marathonbet.
Whilst Turkey harbours fond memories for Reds fans worldwide, tonight’s battleground is St Jakob Park in Basel, Switzerland, for a clash with Spaniards Sevilla.
The La Liga outfit are aiming to become the first team to lift the trophy three years running. Liverpool meanwhile are seeking a fourth title to match Sevilla’s record in the competition.
More importantly, tonight’s winner earns themselves automatic qualification into next season’s lucrative Champions League.
- Liverpool drew with West Brom on the final game of the Premier League season at the weekend – but Jurgen Klopp made 11 changes to the team that drew 1-1 draw with Chelsea the week before
- Reds finished the season in eighth – their joint lowest finish since promotion in 1962
- Their last UEFA Cup/Europa League win came in 2001 against Spanish second division Alavés in Dortmund – a nine-goal thriller decided in extra time
- Klopp’s side are undefeated in 13 of their last 14 Europa League matches
First 11: Mignolet; Clyne, Lovren, Touré, Moreno; Lallana, Can, Milner; Firmino, Sturridge, Coutinho
Out: Rossiter (hamstring), Gomez (knee), Sakho (suspended)
Doubtful: Origi (ankle/foot)
- A weakened Sevilla lost 3-1 away to Athletic Bilbao at the weekend in La Liga but were always going to finish seventh whatever happened
- Coach Unai Emery is bidding to equal Giovanni Trapattoni’s record of three titles as Sevilla boss
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 13 of Sevilla last 16 Europa League matches
- Sevilla themselves have also scored at least two goals in 13 those 16 matches
First 11: David Soria; Mariano, Rami, Carriço, Escudero; Krychowiak, N’Zonzi; Coke, Banega, Vitolo; Gameiro
Out: Krohn-Dehli (knee), Trémoulinas (knee)