Will Grigg’s on fire, your defence is terrified ‘cos Will Grigg’s on fire…
The Wigan striker looks set to start due to Kyle Lafferty struggling with a groin problem for Northern Ireland’s must win opening group game against Poland. And what better way to back the Green and White Army to victory than with this JUICY enhancement from Marathonbet?
NORTHERN IRELAND TO SCORE AGAINST POLAND – 6/1
Just click the link above to take advantage of our lucrative new customer offer – then keep your fingers crossed for Michael O’Neill’s men! Here’s our take on Northern Ireland’s chances in their opening clash in France.
Northern Ireland’s 30-year wait is finally over as they return to a major competition for the first time since the World Cup in 1986.
The bad news is as mentioned above that star striker Kyle Lafferty, who scored 7 goals in qualifying, may not be fit after picking up a groin injury in training.
The good news is that they are on a national record of 12-games unbeaten, the longest of any team at Euro 2016, while they have also not conceded in 271 minutes.
- Northern Ireland head into Euro 2016 after winning their qualifying group, finishing 1 point ahead of Romania
- Talisman Kyle Lafferty was involved in half of Northern Ireland’s 16 goals in qualifying with 7 strikes and an assist
- Northern Ireland last played Poland in a World Cup 2010 qualifying match which they drew 1-1 away in September 2009
- This will be Michael O’Neill’s side’s first major competition since the 1986 World Cup in Mexico, where they were knocked out in the group stage
POSSIBLE FIRST XI: McGovern (GK); McLaughlin, McAuley, Evans, Cathcart; Davis, Baird, Norwood; Ward, Lafferty, Dallas
- Finished second in their Euro 2016 qualifying group – 1 point behind winners Germany
- It is Poland’s first finals since Euro 2012, where they were knocked out in the group stage, like they were in 2008
- Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski will pose the biggest threat – the four-time Bundesliga winner scored a career best 30 goals in 32 league games last season
POSSIBLE FIRST XI: Fabianski (GK); Piszezek, Gilk, Pazdan, Wawrzyniak; Maczynski, Krychowiak; Blaszczykowski, Milik, Grosicki; Lewandowski