England have a huge chance to qualify for the quarter finals of Euro 2016 tonight if they can just beat the mighty Iceland – and you can back Roy’s Boys to do just that at a huge 6/1 with Marathonbet.
New customers can take advantage of the offer by clicking the link below.
All the pressure is on England in this Last 16 clash. It’s a match of David against Goliath proportions and Iceland have nothing to lose as they weren’t even expected to make it past qualifying.
All eyes will be on Roy Hodgson’s team selection. Early reports suggest Jamie Vardy will miss out on a starting place and Raheem Sterling will continue to be benched after dismal performances against Russia and Wales. Wayne Rooney, Kyle Walker, Eric Dier and Delle Ali should all return after being rested in the draw against Slovakia.
England have been playing better than previously seen in tournaments of yesteryear and can go up another gear if they start to find the net more often.
- England are unbeaten in their last 10 matches at the European Championships – penalty shoot-outs excluded
- They had 46 more shots than their opponents (Russia, Wales and Slovakia) during the group stages but scored only one more goal
- All England goals this competition have been scored after the 56th minute
- The match against Iceland will be England’s third encounter with the nation. They are unbeaten in all three
POSSIBLE FIRST XI: Hart (GK), Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Rose, Alli, Dier, Lalana, Sturridge, Rooney, Kane
- Iceland have lost just once in their last nine competitive fixtures
- All three of their group games at Euro 2016 have seen both teams score
- Hannes Halldorsson has made more saves than any other goalkeeper at this tournament (18)
- Iceland are the only team along with Spain to start with the same line-up in all three of their group games
POSSIBLE FIRST XI: Halldorsson (GK), Saevarsson, Arnason, Sigurdsson, Skulason; Gudmundsson, Gunnarsson, Gylfi, Bjarnason; Sigthorsson, Bodvarsson